Superior can assist you in determining the source, location, and extent of mold at your location. Molds are microscopic organisms that exist naturally both outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to totally remove all mold from any home or business structure. Molds produce spores that easily become and remain airborne and cause health issues for individuals who are allergic to certain species.
- Mold is present almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and are transported in the air, entering any structure through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems, or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing, pets, and paper products.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture.
- Mold spores can quickly grow into expanding colonies when exposed to water moisture often related to condensation.
- Mold colonies may produce allergens and irritants. (Note that analysis of mold types cannot determine if a specific species is the cause of allergen issues.)
- The source of any mold causing water or humidity must be identified and removed before mold remediation will be effective.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor particularly in enclosed, tight spaces. If you can smell, but cannot see mold, you may want to undertake inspections and/or tests to determine where the odor is coming from.
- High indoor humidity supports mold growth.
- Mold is a naturally occurring substance that can be controlled through good practices.
Superior’s mold consulting services include:
- Mold assessments/inspections
- Airborne mold spore testing
- Material surface testing of visible mold
- Daily monitoring of mold removal projects
- Mold sample analysis
Contact Superior today if you know or suspect that you might have a mold problem. Our trained and experienced staff can conduct an inspection of potential mold issues and potential damages. Mold issues are often much worse than they appear on the surfaces you can see (like wall paper, drywall, and wooden surfaces).